Become a Volunteer
By joining the Lago Vista Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) you’ll be part of a team working towards the goal of creating opportunities for parents, teachers and students to learn, socialize, communicate and grow. Join our team so we can all work together to figure out the best way to support our school during this unprecedented year.
Executive Board Members
Kami Griffiths, President
Sarah Hyde, Secretary & Hospitality Lead
Christina Lucero, Treasurer & Box Tops Facilitator
Birgit Sund, Social Media
April McAlister, Website & Communications
Jessica Ross, Fundraising Coordinator
Emilee Samples, Event Coordinator
Sarah Seewald, School Supplies Coordinator
Krisna Martinez, Graphic Design
We need your help!
We have many ways for parents and teachers to get involved. Here are a few of our open positions for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Online Store Coordinator: Process purchases made through the online store, ensure inventory is kept up to date.
- Fundraising Event Co-Chairs: Responsible for planning and running a fundraising event. Co-Chairs will share the following responsibilities:
- Work with Fundraising Coordinator to obtain in-kind donations and sponsors.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure enough volunteers are recruited.
- Recruit a decorating committee to help with these and decorations.
- Communicate promotion information to Social Media Rep.
- Secure vendors for food and entertainment.
- Hospitality Co-Captain: Responsible for planning & overseeing staff appreciation events or other events as needed. Set-up through clean-up meals or snacks. Recruit others to help.
- Birthday Gift Maker: Responsible for planning, purchasing & making birthday gift bags for each student. Provide approx 45 gift bags to the front office Admin every month. The secretary will distribute them to the birthday child.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Work with teachers, staff, and PTO leaders to assure volunteers are recruited for special events and programs. Main tasks include creating online sign-up forms, communicating with volunteers and following up to thank and show appreciation.
- WordPress: Assist with maintaining the LVES PTO WordPress website.
Interested in learning more? Send us an email!