The Lago Vista Elementary School – Parent Teacher Organization is comprised of parents and teachers who are committed to supporting the school and fostering a community committed to our children’s success. Please consider becoming a member and signing up to volunteer!
Executive Board Members
Kami Griffiths, President
Bree Makowichuk, Secretary & Hospitality Lead
Cathy Petross, Treasurer
Tanya Alves, Bulletin Board Beautifier
Kimberly Brent, Hospitality Co-lead & Friday Folder Leader
Stephanie Childs, School Supplies Organizer
Kelly Gamblin, Distribution Fairy
Kayla Gering, Box Tops Facilitator
Christina Lucero, Birthday Bags
Ashley Melber, Data Entry Diva
Deanna Robert, APEX Fundraising Event Lead
Kayla Robertson, Spirit Captain
Crystal Street, Social Media Rep
Birgit Sund, Crayon & Market Recycling Queen
Lauren Taylor, Fundraising Coordinator
Jade Unpingco, Volunteer Coordinator
Cindy Wheeler, Room Parent Lead
|Heath & Michelle||Dunn|
|Jami & Grant||Robinson|
|Jacob & Keri||Koncak|
|Jerry & Lanette||Bonnet|
We need your help!
We have many ways for parents and teachers to get involved. Here are a few of our open positions for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Fundraising Coordinator: Coordinates fundraising activities such as Write the Check, Family Winter Fest and other events agreed upon by PTO members. They will communicate with local businesses to encourage additional support.
- Family Winter Fest Co-Chairs: Responsible for planning and running the Family Winter Fest. Co-Chairs will share the following responsibilities:
- Work with Fundraising Coordinator to obtain in-kind donations and sponsors.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure enough volunteers are recruited.
- Recruit a decorating committee to help with these and decorations.
- Communicate promotion information to Social Media Rep.
- Secure vendors for food and entertainment.
Interested in learning more? Send us an email!
Volunteer Job Descriptions
- Social Media Rep: Responsible for creating, managing, maintaining and monitoring the LVES PTO Facebook page & website or any other media option. Keep pages updated about meetings, events, reminders, contact info and any other news. Forward any comments/questions to the appropriate person.
- Hospitality Co-Captain: Responsible for planning & overseeing staff appreciation events or other events as needed. Set-up through clean-up meals or snacks. Recruit others to help.
- Birthday Gift Maker: Responsible for planning, purchasing & making birthday gift bags for each student. Provide approx 45 gift bags to the front office Admin every month. The secretary will distribute them to the birthday child.
- Friday Folder Leader: Responsible for organizing the Friday Folder volunteers and ensuring that every classroom has completed the task each Friday. May hold an orientation at the beginning of the year for volunteers and may recruit more volunteers for classrooms that are shorthanded.
- Box Tops Facilitator: Responsible for advertising the program through signs, flyers, emails, newsletter, Facebook and website. Collect, cut, bag and mail the Box Tops. Monitor account balance, mailing dates and verify receipt of award checks.
- School Supplies Organize: Responsible for selecting a vendor and ordering packages based on the Principles requirements in the spring. Organize delivery of supply packages on Meet the Teacher Night the following fall.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Work with teachers, staff, and PTO leaders to assure volunteers are recruited for special events and programs. Main tasks include creating online sign-up forms, communicating with volunteers and following up to thank and show appreciation.